Basil Pesto Pasta
Posted by Colleen Cavalieri on
📷 by: Joy Food Sunshine
Skip the store-bought sauces and whip up this fast and fresh recipe for the best Basil Pesto perfect for serving with your favorite pasta.INGREDIENTS:
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups basil leaves
- ¼ cup Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for a smoother pesto
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a food processor, combine the pine nuts, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper and pulse until well chopped.
- Add the basil and pulse until combined.
- With the food processor running, drizzle in the olive oil and pulse until combined. Add the Parmesan cheese, if using, and pulse to briefly combine. For a smoother pesto, add more olive oil.
- Add to your favorite pasta. Enjoy!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Main Course, Pasta, Vegetarian