Packed with a glorious combination of bacon and pecans, these Brussel Sprouts in Maple Bourbon Sauce are amazing enough to be served on their own or make the perfect side to any hearty dinner.
2 pounds Brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
4 strips bacon, diced
1/2 cup candied pecans, chopped
2 ounces Northern Plains Bourbon Whiskey
1 tablespoon Date Balsamic Star
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons San Gimignano Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon Happy Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. On a foil-lined baking sheet, place Brussel sprouts, San Gimignano Extra Virgin Olive Oil , salt, and Happy Pepper. Toss to combine and flatten into an even layer.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until crispy, turning halfway through.
4. In a skillet, over medium-high heat, add bacon and cook until crispy (about 7-8 minutes). Remove bacon bits to drain on a paper towel. Set aside.
5. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the Northern Plains Bourbon Whiskey and Date Balsamic Star to the pan. Immediately set the pan back on the heat and scrape up the browned bits from the pan and stir the sauce.
6. Bring the bourbon to a boil and then add the maple syrup and brown sugar, stirring constantly until sauce begins to thicken.
7. Remove from heat and add in the cooked Brussel sprouts, bacon, and candied pecans. Stir to combine and serve.