📷 by: Real Simple
Perfect as a light summer dinner or as the appetizer for a dinner party. The secret ingredient is the Ciabatta bread.
- 1 loaf of Ciabatta Bread
- ½ cup San Gimignano Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 3 tablespoons Grape Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 English cucumber, coarsely chopped
- ½ medium honeydew melon, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups seedless green grapes
- 1 bunch scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Fresh Pepper for serving
- ½ cup finely chopped English cucumber
- ½ cup finely chopped honeydew melon
- ½ cup finely chopped seedless green grapes
- 1 tablespoon San Gimignano Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Grape Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
1. Make the gazpacho: Slice ciabatta in half crosswise; slice half of loaf into 6 slices, toast, and set aside. Cut remaining half into 1-inch cubes and toss with 1 cup water, oil, lime juice, and vinegar in a medium bowl. Let stand until bread is soggy, about 10 minutes. Place cucumber, melon, grapes, scallions, salt, and soaked bread in a blender and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Make the relish: Mix all relish ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Serve gazpacho topped with relish and several grinds of pepper. Serve with toasted bread.