📷 by: Love & Lemons
Roasted chickpeas make a great protein-packed vegan snack! Enjoy them on their own, or add them to your favorite healthy dishes for a nice crunch.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- San Gimignano Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat the oven to 425° and drain and rinse your chickpeas.
2. Spread the chickpeas on a kitchen towel and gently pat them dry. It’s essential to make sure they’re totally dry before you toss them with the olive oil – damp chickpeas won’t crisp up in the oven. Discard any loose skins from the outside of the chickpeas.
3. Transfer the chickpeas to a parchment-lined baking sheet and toss them with a drizzle of San Gimignano Extra Virgin Olive Oil and generous pinches of Seasoned Salt. Spread evenly on the baking sheet.
4. Transfer the baking sheet to your preheated oven and roast until crispy. Start checking at 20 minutes, but it can take up to 30 minutes for them to become really crisp.
5. Remove from the oven and, while the chickpeas are still warm, toss with pinches of your favorite spices.
Eat them fast and store at room temperature.