A unique cake with nutty and earthy flavors perfect the holidays that will wow your friends and family!
4 eggs (separated)
1/2 cup of water at room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup of Pumpkin Seed Oil
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
2 tsp baking powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease and flour a bundt tin and cover the base of the tin with pumpkin seeds.
3. Using an electric mixer on a slow speed, beat egg yolks, water, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and Pumpkin Seed Oil.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites and granulated sugar until medium to stiff peaks form.
5. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the cake batter along with half of the sifted flour and baking powder until well incorporated, then fold in the rest.
6. Pour into greased tin and bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer poked in the middle comes out clean.
7. Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar or even with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzled with more Pumpkin Seed Oil.