Lemon Olive Oil Cake
Posted by Colleen Cavalieri on
Simple, sweet and super lemony! Make this cake for a sweet snack or a breakfast that’s worth waking up for.
- 1 cup sugar
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 3 eggs
- 5 oz Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 stalks of finely chopped rosemary
- Powdered sugar (for the glaze)
1. Preheat oven to 180C/356F.
2. Mix the sugar and the lemon zest in a bowl.
3. Place the eggs in a bowl, add oil, lemon juice, yogurt and stir.
4. Add the mixture to the sugar and mix with a hand mixer. Gradually add flour, baking powder, salt and finely chopped rosemary and continue mixing.
5. Pour into a mold and place in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, make a simple glaze with powdered sugar and fresh squeezed lemon juice.
7. Remove the cake, let it cool and pour the glaze over it. Just before serving, garnish with rosemary!