📷 by thrillist
A classic that’s equal parts stimulating, sweet, boozy, and creamy… it’s the perfect drink for a chilly winter day!
- 2 oz Against the Grain, Single Grain Irish Whiskey
- 4 oz Coffee
- 1/4 oz Demerara Syrup
- 4 oz heavy cream
- Fresh Grated Nutmeg
1. Pour the Demerara Syrup and Irish Whiskey into a glass mug, then add the coffee.
2. Fill the small half of a cocktail tin with 4 ounces of heavy cream. Shake the cream in the shaker until it is almost solid (you’ll be able to hear the difference). This should be at least two servings or so.
3. Top the coffee off with your shaken cream. If done correctly, the whipped cream will sit on top of the coffee and create two distinct layers. It often helps to pour the fresh whipped cream over the back of a spoon.
4. Top with fresh grated nutmeg.