📷 by The Adventure Bite
This quick and easy glaze is the perfect addition to your favorite baked ham. The sweet & savory flavor combination will have everyone asking for seconds… or even thirds!
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tbs Fernández Brandy de Jerez Solera Gran Reserva (if you like it sweet, use our Apricot Liqueur with Grappa)
- 1 tbs corn starch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard (or spicy brown mustard for more flavor)
- 1 ham of choice
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Place ham in roasting pan fat side up; the melting fat will baste your ham. Turn ham over half way through baking to avoid uneven salting from the brine in the meat. If roasting a ham that is not precooked, bake for approximately 20-30 minutes per pound. If the ham is precooked, follow the label directions for cooking times.
3. While ham is roasting, puree preserves in a blender.
4. In a sauce pan, whisk orange juice, apricot preserves, brown sugar and corn starch until well combined. Cook over medium low heat until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Add mustard and brandy, whisk. Continue cooking over low heat 1 to 2 additional minutes.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Spread glaze on ham during the last 30 minutes of baking. Reapply during the last 15 minutes if desired.
7. Serve extra glaze along side of ham.