Grilled Fish Tacos
Posted by Colleen Cavalieri on
📷 by: Vindulge
These are easy to make, super healthy, and full of great flavor! Fish grilled to perfection and topped with fresh guacamole and cabbage slaw.
- 4 pieces fresh halibut, steak or filets, 6 to 8 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons Jalapeno Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 lime cut in slices
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 head of cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 12 tortillas (6-inch)
- 3 small to medium ripe avocados, putted and scooped from skins with a large spoon
- 1.5 - 2 teaspoons of Salt and Pepper
1. Light a grill. In a medium bowl, mash the avocados with lemon juice, Salt and Pepper. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the guacamole and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, toss the cabbage, scallions and cilantro with the 2 tablespoons of Jalapeño Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle halibut with Jalapeno Extra Virgin Olive Oil to keep fish from sticking to the grill pan or grill. Season fish with salt and pepper, to your taste. Grill fish 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until opaque. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime down over the fish and remove from the grill pan or grill. Flake fish into large chunks with a fork.
4. To assemble each taco, spread a dollop of guacamole on a tortilla. Top with a piece of fish, a dollop of tomatoes and a large spoonful of the cabbage slaw. Serve with the hot sauce (if desired) and lime wedges.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Main Course, Seafood