📷 by: Saveur
This soft scramble starts with ham and Gruyère cheese and is finished with pumpkin seed oil and toasted pumpkin seeds.
- 2 tbsp FassZination Styrian Pumpkin Seed Oil
- 1 tbsp Sun Meadow Oil or unsalted butter
- 1 medium shallot, minced (¼ cup)
- ¾ cup finely chopped ham
- 1 tsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3½ oz Gruyère or Emmentaler cheese, coarsely grated (1 cup)
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- Coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. When the foam begins to subside, add the shallot, ham, and pumpkin seeds and cook until the shallots are soft and translucent but still without color, 5–6 minutes.
- Pour in the eggs and cook, stirring continuously, until the mixture just begins to thicken, 6–8 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat and immediately stir in the cheese and sour cream. Season with salt and black pepper, then transfer to a shallow bowl.
- Drizzle with pumpkin seed oil, garnish with parsley, and serve immediately.