This fruity twist on the delicious dessert cake classic is perfect for every special occasion all year long!
- 100 ml Sun Meadow Oil + extra for greasing
- 2 tbsp Mango Balsam
- 1 cup carrots
- ½ cup coconut blossom sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp clove powder
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup ground walnuts
- ½ cup ground almonds
- ½ cup light wholemeal flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 pack of cream of tartar baking powder
- ½ cup cream cheese double cream layer
- 2 tbsp cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- a few chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and finely grate the carrots (set aside a few grated carrots for garnish).
- Beat the oil and sugar until fluffy and gradually add the spices.
Separate the eggs and add the yolks to the dough. Beat the egg white until Add nuts, flour, cornstarch and baking powder and mix everything well.
- Grease the loaf pan with a little Sun Meadow and pour the dough into it. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the cream cheese and cream with the whisk of the hand mixer until smooth. Add Mango Balsam and continue stirring until smooth. Add powdered sugar and continue to beat until thick and creamy.
- Remove the finished cake and let it cool.
- Spread the frosting loosely over the cooled cake and garnish with the grated carrots and pistachios.